Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 August 2018

Elvis Presley

One gold vinyl coming up !! and I'm not talking about the songs !...coloured vinyl came in all colours !!..usually if there was a colour mentioned in the L/P title or as this one I guess Elvis's gold suit maybe had something to do with it !!
My copy of "Elton Johns" "Yellow Brick Road" L/P is in Yellow Vinyl !!!

1. I Need Your love Tonight
2. Don't
3. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
4. My Wish Came True
5. I Got Stung

1. One Night
2. A Big Hunk Of Love
3. I Beg of You
4. A Fool Such As I
5. Don'cha Think Its Time


5. I Got Stung

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for Elvis Gold Records Volume 2. This is the American incarnation. In the UK four extra tracks were added, two appended to the end of each side, making it a far better buy. These songs were: Loving You and (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear to side one whilst Jailhouse Rock and Treat Me Nice were tacked on to the other face of the platter. This album, together with a copy of the wonderful gate-folded Gold Records Vol 1 were my introduction to Elvis. Most of his earlier recordings are also worthy efforts, particularly the iconic Sun masters (14 sides I think were officially released). After his stint in the army, he came back strongly with Elvis Is Back and bolstered his reputation as the King of Rock with some exceedingly good singles. However, it all went pear-shaped when he forsake rock in an attempt to bellow like the dreaded Mario Lanza, and worse was to come with his emulation of the crooning Bing Crosby in the banal Blue Hawaii. There followed some truly dire films and albums, until a resurgence in the very late 60s provided sort of return to form to reinstate his king of rock status.

    ReplyDelete