Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 October 2022

Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band

Now for something crazy and different !....I have seen this L/P in the record shops for years but not took any notice of it and I have not heard of their work at all...I should have !!....A great "Parody" L/P... doing all kind of funny things with the songs..have a listen and you will get what I mean !...It's Mad Mad Mad !!..But Good

 Gorilla is the debut album by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, originally released by Liberty Records, LBL 83056, in 1967.The album includes "Jazz, (Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold)" which savagely parodied their early "trad" jazz roots and featured some of the most deliberately inept jazz playing ever recorded—the record company only allowed two hours of studio time per track, so it was completed in a single take to allow for the far more complex "The Intro and the Outro". The band deliberately swapped instruments to increase the degree of incompetence.

1. Cool Brittania
2. The Equestrian Statue
3. Jolity Farm
4. I Left My Heart In San Francisco
5. Look Out There's A Monster Coming
6. Jazz Delicious Hot Disgusting Cold
7. Death Cab For Cutie 

1. The Intro And Outro
2. Micky's Son And Daughter
3. Big Shot
4. Music For Head Ballet
5. Piggy Love Bank
6. I'm Bored
7. The Sound Of Music


1. The Intro And Outro

1 comment: