Total Pageviews

Friday 3 September 2021

Gallagher & Lyle

Two or more of hits by G & L on this compilation will , I assume bring back some pleasant memories for quite a few people !

 Gallagher and Lyle are a Scottish musical duo, comprising singer-songwriters Bernard Joseph "Benny" Gallagher (born 10 June 1945, Largs, Ayrshire) and Graham Hamilton Lyle (born 11 March 1944, Bellshill, Lanarkshire). Their style consists mainly in pop, soft and folk rock oriented songs.
 But it was not until they teamed up with US producer David Kershenbaum for their fifth album Breakaway, in 1976, that they charted again, with the hits "Heart on My Sleeve" and "I Wanna Stay with You", both of which reached Number 6 in the UK Singles Chart and also charted in the US.

1. Breakaway
2. Stay Young
3. I Wanna Stay With You
4. Heart On My Sleeve
5. Fifteen Summers

1. Sign Of The Times
2. if I Needed Someone 
3. Storm In My Soul
4. Rockwriter
5. Northern Girl


4. Heart On my Sleeve

3 comments:

  1. Totally new to me, and I like the sound of the sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of their records. They started as APPLE staff writers.
    Were in McGuiness Flint for a couple of years then started recording their own material. Very 70s pop. I love it.

    ReplyDelete