Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 September 2022

Dave Brubeck Quartet

I was quite surprised when I heard this one !!..Its a great one !!...entirely unexpected listening experiance to me that is !!...Only having heard his "Take Five"... Well what can I say just have a download and listen !!....Thanks John for this one and the ones above and below !!!

 Although recorded in sessions in 1962 and 1965, this set of Richard Rodgers tunes by the Dave Brubeck Quartet has a strong unity about it due to the consistent performances of the veteran group. With altoist Paul Desmond and the pianist-leader contributing some fine solos (and bassist Eugene Wright and drummer Joe Morello excellent in support), The Rodgers songs are treated with respect and swing. This comparatively gentle version of "My Favorite Things" would never be mistaken for John Coltrane's.






7. The Circus On Parade

7 comments:

  1. In my teenage years there was a jukebox in my favorite pub "Pferdestall" (=horse stable). You had to put in 20 pennies, then music sounded. The very most played title was Dave Brubeck Take Five. Every evening, it ran at least 15 times.
    Even today I have the 5/4 time in my head - unique!
    Thx for this LP! BTW - great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post!!! thank you...

    Silvio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concordo com Você ao se referir Take Five, foi o mesmo pensamento que eu tive,depois de ouvir este album, muito bom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the link?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anon...here's the missing link...enjoy it...Cheers...Espo.
    👍 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Awesome as always!

      Delete